Sort by Last Name:
Starling Underwood is an associate in the firm's Litigation Practice Group and assists clients with legal matters related to landlord/Tenant disputes, contractual disputes, debt collection, insurance defense and labor and employment.
Starling assists landlords take legal action in order to enforce and protect their rights under a contractual agreement.
- Bringing and action for summary ejectment in small claims court
- Bringing or defending an action in small claims, district or superior court in connection with a lease dispute, rent abatement, or money owed
- Draft residential, commercial, and rent-to own lease agreements
- Review lease agreements
Starling helps clients take legal action against individuals and businesses that may owe a client money, as well as defending clients from individuals or businesses in state and federal court. Typical cases include:
- Bringing or defending an action for contractual breaches of written agreements such as, promissory notes, deeds of trust, buy-sell agreements, and partnership agreements
- Representing a client in small claims, district or superior court
- Obtaining a levy or writ of possession in order to execute a judgment
- Obtaining pre-judgment remedies for a client
Starling supports Business Owners when dealing with Labor and Employment issues including,
- Employment Discrimination
- Covenants Not to Compete
- Wage and Hour Issues
- Employment Agreements
- Affordable Care Act
In the community Starling serves on Authorized Practice and Grievance Committees for the North Carolina State Bar Council. He serves on the Pro Bono Committee for the 28th Judicial Bar. He is a volunteer with the MAVL Program for Pisgah Legal Services. Starling also serves on the Marketing Committee for the Asheville-Buncombe Sports Commission.
Starling is available for speaking engagements on Landlord/Tenant issues.
Starling B. Underwood828.254.8800
48 Patton Avenue
PO Box 3180
Asheville, North Carolina 28802-3180
BarAdmitted to Bar 2009 (NC)
US District Court - Western District of NC
EducationUniversity of NC at Chapel Hill (J.D., 2009)
University of NC at Greensboro (B.S., 2006, Cum Laude)