Employment Law and Labor Law
Firm attorneys represent client employers through counseling and the handling of litigation matters relating to:
- Employment Discrimination: Age, Sex, Disability, Religion, Pregnancy, Race and National Origin
- Collective Bargaining
- Family and Medical Leave Issues
- Sexual Harassment
- Unfair Labor Practice Charges
- Union Avoidance
- Wrongful Discharge
We also provide consultation regarding training and drafting of employee handbooks, employment agreements, and human resources policies for employers.
Our goals in employment-related representation are:
- To educate our client employers on how to hire, direct, discipline, and — if necessary — terminate employees in accordance with the requirements of the law.
- To assist employers in establishment of sound policies and procedures that will reduce the likelihood of employment claims.
- To defend employers effectively and successfully against all workplace claims that may be made against them.
- To guide our clients through the process of dealing with labor unions, including union-organizing drives, elections, strikes and collective bargaining.
- Emerging and Established Businesses and Industries with Employees
We Can Help
We Represent Management in the Following Employment-related Areas:
- Claims of Employment Discrimination, Harassment, Wrongful Discharge and Other Workplace Torts
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Law Aspects of Business Transactions
- Facility Closings and Reductions In Force
- Fair Labor Standards/Wage and Hour Law Interpretation
- Occupational Safety and Health
- Traditional Labor Issues
Our Attorneys Practice in the Following Labor Management Related Areas:
- Audits of Current Employment Practices
- Challenging Union Organizing and Conducting Pro-company Campaigns
- Combating Strikes and Picketing Tactics and Obtaining Injunctions
- Defending Employers Against Unfair Labor Practice Charges and Grievances
- Negotiating Collective-bargaining Agreements
The MWB Edge
Our strength in the Labor Law and Employment Law area lies in the scope of our firm's long tradition of leadership in this area of the law throughout Asheville, NC and the entire Western North Carolina area, as well as our expertise and our commitment to excellence in client service. This service is rooted in effective communication, litigation avoidance strategies and the setting of agreed-upon objectives. No other Western North Carolina law firm has our experience in dealing with virtually every type of labor and employment issue that confronts a business. Whether a client is an emerging or established business, we partner with them to achieve a competitive edge in the full range of labor and employment law issues that affect their organization.